2012 Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2012 Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Week 17 posted. That's it for the regular season!

I have to get some food now, but will post playoff details tonight.

Because I was late with playoff situations up in the air before the wild card round started and because teams can choose to use either an averaged game or real playoff game and because we are bringing in top performers from off the depth chart anyway this year, we'll have some flexibility for teams to set their depth charts for the playoffs. Depth charts unlocked.

We use the same tie-breakers as NFL to determine playoff seeding and draft order status. I will create playoff threads in each league with more details and how to post decisions on real/averaged games later tonight.

Thanks for the season and for your patience at times with my increasing lack of time, but we've pushed through it and onto the playoffs! Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

On a side note observing all of the league playoff pictures, the AFC is slacking...

No undefeated teams this year (after a few in recent seasons) but each league had a 15-1 team in the NFC. Three 11-5 teams across the leagues in the NFC didn't make the playoffs. Only one team below 10 victories made the playoffs across all NFCs, while five AFC teams with single digit wins made the playoffs including a team with a losing record.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

This is the first season we have done the bringing in players beyond the depth chart. That wasn't too hard in the regular season because we upload all box scores for all players in real games each week, but finding that a trickier thing to implement in the postseason as it involves uploading every player in the league's average game as well as having that adjusted for injury as we always do in averaged games (if out no stats, if doubtful 75%, if questionable 85%, if probable 99%) so that a returner who missed the last half of the season injured doesn't get a great averaged update brought in despite current injury, and double-checking that to replace averaged stats for those who'll use real playoff games instead one team at a time. Trying to get some processes down with that so it's more efficient into the future, but will be working on that more tomorrow. Bit bummed out with my Broncos today in that long game with disappointing ending.

Thanks for your patience. Setting this up at the start of our playoffs is involved but once done will be able to do the other rounds easier once everyone's adjusted averaged games in the system. Thanks
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I'll run the second round games on Sunday. I've uploaded the new grades from EA Sports (they keep putting out weekly updates into the post-season -- thanks Ben for your help with those all year) and put in updated injury status for NFL round 2 games. Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted before running.

With my AFFL team being #1 seed in NFC, I want to have as much transparency on the outcome generation there as I can. Thinking I'll probably run that game last after all the other playoff games and have a set time when I'll do it and I'll do some kind of live screen video or countdown or something on chat (3... 2... 1... press generate sim result). Wanted to be able to take a close look at automated running of the games (at 2:15pm game simed by system) but there is a lot of manual stats entry on playoff games (some players use real games and some averaged, some players on their second game of their averaged output in one league and on their first averaged outcome in another league, etc.) that it's difficult to automate playoff games especially right now as things are and probably not the best idea to switch now.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Sorry guys. Had some time and thought I could knock this next playoff round out, but we had some projects pop up around the house that needed repair and took up much of my spare time. Will try to get those run here soon. Thanks for patience.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Congrats to the AFFL/CFFL/DFFL Bowl winners.

Let's regroup the first week of March for some off-season rules discussions.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

For GMs already proven in CFFL/DFFL, send me a PM if interested in the NE opening in AFFL. I have received some in the past previously, but send me a new PM for current consideration. May not necessarily require giving up CFFL/DFFL team, but would be ideal to promote someone up to AFFL and get someone new into another league team. Thanks
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I needed an extended break, as the football season really was too much for me last year with everything else but it's back at it again. There were also some frustrations that I probably need to resolve ahead to make things as good as they can be for all myself included. Trying to get back into the transformation for 2013, but have to do some cleanup for 2012 finances first and sort out the team openings.

I understand the desire to get going again, but there's some time in the long off-season. Things are starting in that direction, though, and we'll get things moving as I've previously started contacting potential new GM replacements and going to be looking at other opening possiblities as we begin to regroup for the new year. Also started the process of cleaning up 2012 (which has a lengthy list of some late year transactions that needed adjusting that I've been putting off with the work there) and starting to look at transitioning finances for 2013. Hoping to clear some time this weekend for making that financial shift to new year.

I've got a pretty good list of some thing that I think need to change a little bit for long-term success that's more independent of my own schedule or personal situations. There was a thread about off-season discussion suggestions. Feel free to add to those, and I'll try to post a topic or two soon as soon as possibly today.

Now that football will be in the news in a big way with their free agency starting, we'll try to round everyone back up and do some quick off-season discussions while I finish preparations for 2013 team finances, free agency, and draft ahead.

There are some things that need to be fixed, but excited that they can be done and smoother roads ahead. thanks