Bounty Scandal Decision Overturned

sportznut

Bounty Scandal Decision Overturned

Post by sportznut »

Well, this is surprising news, and I suppose could be reversed yet again, but for now the suspensions have been overturned, allowing Jonathan Vilma, Will Smith, Anthony Hargrove, and Scott Fujita to play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83490 ... eals-panel

That means Goodell needs to do the same here, so the teams with these players are allowed to add them to their DC. It certainly could be an issue for teams to activate someone, and get back to 53 players though.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Jared A

Re: Bounty Scandal Decision Overturned

Post by Jared A »

I'd agree, but would say that they need to be each listed as Doubtful... as that is what they are in real life.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Jared A wrote:I'd agree, but would say that they need to be each listed as Doubtful... as that is what they are in real life.
They're not injured, other than Vilma.

You're setting a dangerous precedent, trying to determine how prepared or in shape one is. If they're not hurt or on the injury list, they shouldn't be listed as anything.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

This is going to be interesting, but i bet this is not over by Far.....Goodell is not going to let this go....
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Onyxgem wrote:This is going to be interesting, but i bet this is not over by Far.....Goodell is not going to let this go....
I would agree, and expect them to be suspended again by week 2.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

sportznut wrote:
Jared A wrote:I'd agree, but would say that they need to be each listed as Doubtful... as that is what they are in real life.
They're not injured, other than Vilma.

You're setting a dangerous precedent, trying to determine how prepared or in shape one is. If they're not hurt or on the injury list, they shouldn't be listed as anything.
Vilma's hurt, but from what I heard, all the players are doubtful to play Sunday. Maybe I didn't hear correctly.
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

I take that back... sounds like Smith and Fujita will play. Vilma's out and Hargrove doesn't have a team.