9/5 Rosters

tino38

9/5 Rosters

Post by tino38 »

Are they needing to be set by 11:59pm tonight or is it sometime tomorrow when the deadline for the depth chart to be set? Not a huge issue for me, just curious if I need to make sure to set it tonight or can look and set tomorrow before the game.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Goodell

Re: 9/5 Rosters

Post by Goodell »

tino38 wrote:Are they needing to be set by 11:59pm tonight or is it sometime tomorrow when the deadline for the depth chart to be set? Not a huge issue for me, just curious if I need to make sure to set it tonight or can look and set tomorrow before the game.
Have it set before the NFL game starts tomorrow. Usually we'll lock rosters when the first game of the week starts. For those who aren't in compliance, I'll work with them on borrowing or plans to cut down.

Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
lucky7jc

Post by lucky7jc »

Hey will we wait until the next official complete update comes out before updating some of these guys w/ a 0 rating. Some that are on my roster have recently signed/re-signed w/ a team making the 53 man will have a rating but as of the latest update they weren't on a team resulting in the 0.
AFFL Champion - 2019
AFC Champion - 2019
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

lucky7jc wrote:Hey will we wait until the next official complete update comes out before updating some of these guys w/ a 0 rating. Some that are on my roster have recently signed/re-signed w/ a team making the 53 man will have a rating but as of the latest update they weren't on a team resulting in the 0.
Our grade updates from here would rely upon when Madden publishes new grades. Last year they published before just about every week I believe, so we updated the players they mentioned had grade changes. I believe early in the season they have more extensive lists of player grades changed since didn't get everyone on the initial list for various reasons, but whatever they put out is what we'd use.

Before we sim next week we'll try to lock down free agency grade resources and incorporate any new real team upgrades from Madden related to week 1 and I believe we gave everyone with a zero grade a bump up to low level backup so at least some grade for all.

If a guy is on a team in reality but just didn't have a grade yet, a good expectation that he'd be in some Madden updated grade list ahead. Can't guarantee anything from Madden, though, as we're left with what they decide to publish, but that's how it's typically been done where we get frequent grade update reports throughout the season.
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

What I've heard is the first update is expected on Friday, and it will focus on all the transactions that have occurred. I'm not sure what sort of ratings changes it will bring.

The question is - if the update is out on Friday but the first NFL game is today, does that count as a pre-week 1 update?
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Ben C. wrote:What I've heard is the first update is expected on Friday, and it will focus on all the transactions that have occurred. I'm not sure what sort of ratings changes it will bring.

The question is - if the update is out on Friday but the first NFL game is today, does that count as a pre-week 1 update?
Yeah, we won't sim our first week until probably Wednesday next week, so if a grade update comes out on Friday (or thereabouts) we'll use that updated info in our first week.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote:
Ben C. wrote:What I've heard is the first update is expected on Friday, and it will focus on all the transactions that have occurred. I'm not sure what sort of ratings changes it will bring.

Yeah, we won't sim our first week until probably Wednesday next week, so if a grade update comes out on Friday (or thereabouts) we'll use that updated info in our first week.
Good to know, considering I have Braylon Edwards, who not only made Seattle's roster, but will probably be a big factor, should he stay healthy. Right now he has no grade at all.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Great job overall with teams getting under their caps and 53-man rosters for the season. There will always be some instances of teams putting in waiver claims or trades that put them over temporarily, but teams have 48 hours to get back into compliance.

Depth charts are locked, but if you need to make a change involving a player who hasn't played in NFL week 1 yet, you can send me a PM as noted on the depth chart page.

Thanks everyone
lucky7jc

Post by lucky7jc »

Goodell wrote:
lucky7jc wrote:Hey will we wait until the next official complete update comes out before updating some of these guys w/ a 0 rating. Some that are on my roster have recently signed/re-signed w/ a team making the 53 man will have a rating but as of the latest update they weren't on a team resulting in the 0.
Our grade updates from here would rely upon when Madden publishes new grades. Last year they published before just about every week I believe, so we updated the players they mentioned had grade changes. I believe early in the season they have more extensive lists of player grades changed since didn't get everyone on the initial list for various reasons, but whatever they put out is what we'd use.

Before we sim next week we'll try to lock down free agency grade resources and incorporate any new real team upgrades from Madden related to week 1 and I believe we gave everyone with a zero grade a bump up to low level backup so at least some grade for all.

If a guy is on a team in reality but just didn't have a grade yet, a good expectation that he'd be in some Madden updated grade list ahead. Can't guarantee anything from Madden, though, as we're left with what they decide to publish, but that's how it's typically been done where we get frequent grade update reports throughout the season.
Thank you sir!
AFFL Champion - 2019
AFC Champion - 2019