Sim Baseball Opening

sportznut

Sim Baseball Opening

Post by sportznut »

We have an opening in MLBSA.

As of right now, there's really not much going on that would interest a new GM, as our draft is winding down, postseason is around the corner, and the trade deadline has passed.

However, having someone sign up sooner than later is preferable, so you can get acclimated with the team, and hit the ground running once our 2025 offseason begins.

Some highlights:

Similar to the football leagues here, every single team has their own GM. Teams can also employ an assistant GM if they so choose.

We feature the following:

The most up to date OOTP software is used for sims. GMs must purchase the software on a yearly basis. Most GMs already are in multiple leagues, and can use a single purchase for all their leagues.

Rule IV and Rule V Drafts. As mentioned, the Amateur Rule IV Draft is currently going right now. It usually starts within a week of the actual MLB draft, and lasts 10 rounds. The Rule V Draft is held every offseason, and runs 3 rounds.

FA period- Every offseason features a FA period where teams can spend up to their caps if they so choose.

Trades- All teams are allowed to trade among themselves. All trades are subjected to a 48 hour review period. In extreme cases, a trade could be overturned, but we average less then one per year. I don't think there's been a deal overturned in 3-4 years.

Schedule- The schedule will mirror the MLB's schedule for that corresponding season. The postseason format will mirror MLB as well.

Rosters- Massive roster sizes with 26 active players, 40 man rosters, and a total of 105 rostered players that you could have on your team, and in your farm system.

The team currently available is the Houston Astros.

Some of the players on their roster are:

Andres Munoz
Joe Ryan
Mitch Keller
Gavin Stone
Gunnar Henderson
Jordan Walker
Kerry Carpenter

Plenty of others I didn't mention, plus an entire reserve roster as well.

If this sounds like something that would interest you, sign up @ mlbsa.net

Once you pass through the security measures, and are added to the forum, you can put yourself on the waiting list, announce your experience, and get acclimated with the league.

I'm not on the EC, or have any admin powers, but if you have a question I might be able to answer, feel free to reach out.

Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins