2014 Off-Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2014 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Free agency seems to be slowing down a bit (or maybe that's just me). We'll set the end date for the peak free agency to stop at the end of the day (midnight ET) on Sunday night 4/27. So close to one more week to get in any bids on tagged players, RFAs, or if you want to utilize unlimited bidding on unsigned UFAs.

After 4/27, there will be no more team associations with unrestricted free agents. No more unlimited bidding. Any UFAs you have will be removed from your roster and just be street free agents. That also will mean that the compensatory pick chart on the league homepages will no longer be changing once there is no more team affiliations to chart UFA losses/gains. As always with that chart being on the league homepage during free agency, if you care a lot about compensatory picks losing key UFAs this year, make sure to pay attention there and remain one of the teams listed as eligible for picks.

After 4/27, any RFA without a bid will return to team with 1-year tender amount contract.

After 4/27, any tagged player without bids will return to team on 1-year tag salary contract. Those teams will also have options to extend those players similar to multi-year options similar in structure as LTC options at the base salary of tag value.

We'll begin preparing for the draft after that and getting draft tools loaded up with the new players this year. Your team roster should list estimated cost of draft picks based upon last year's contracts (which may adjust slightly from year to year) to think about how they'll fit in your cap after the peak of free agency and if you need to move picks around.

Don't forget, once free agency is turn on as we did last week IT NEVER GOES OFF until the end of the regular season this winter. Even after our peak free agency deadline, free agency will still be open for teams to make bids at any time for any of the remaining free agents on the market. It is only the restricted free agency, unlimited bidding for UFAs, and bidding on tagged players that will end after 4/27.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

A head's up as I try to polish a few things up, when you enter a bid in free agency now it will now allow you to use commas if you wish. It should accept bids with or without them. Hopefully that will help with the extra zero mistakes and reduce administrative efforts for those.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote:A head's up as I try to polish a few things up, when you enter a bid in free agency now it will now allow you to use commas if you wish. It should accept bids with or without them. Hopefully that will help with the extra zero mistakes and reduce administrative efforts for those.
That'll work. I was wondering why we never had commas automatically entered or anything like that.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Some have noted the wrong player added to their rosters. As we get later in the draft looks like a small section of the data uploaded was off on the corresponding player ID to activate. I have a list of those and adjusting the team rosters were needed to match the draft selection. Give me tonight to do that, but if you notice the wrong player added to the team roster from the draft that isn't adjusted by tonight let me know. Thanks
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

FYI I drafted Isaiah at 150 in CFFL, but I have Anthony Steen on my roster instead. Thanks!
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Zapotek wrote:FYI I drafted Isaiah at 150 in CFFL, but I have Anthony Steen on my roster instead. Thanks!
Thanks. Yeah, there is still a block of players that were slightly off with a typo in the initial data upload for what player to match them up to on team rosters. I got many of them last night but had some other things come up and still have some to finish up. The good thing is it's an easy fix to change the player on the team roster and doesn't impact the draft results just the team rosters after the picks that can be swapped to the right player, just something that requires some time for that manual adjustment. Should be able to finish the rest of those tonight.
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Took Chris Davis (CB, Auburn) in AFFL and showed up as Chris Davis (WR, Florida State born in '84).
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

With drafts coming to a close had some questions about UDFA's.

To give everyone fair warning and myself some time to ensure those are in the system, we'll tentatively plan for UDFAs from this year's draft pool to be put onto the free agent market on Thursday 5/15 at 8AM ET.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

With all the undrafted free agents poured into free agency, it was a good time to update a couple of the tools for finding/signing them.

The main free agency page now lets you click on a position and just see players of that position. So if you desperately need a QB because of injuries, you can click QB on the free agency page and filter more directly now to just see all QBs.

The overall site search functionality (upper right corner of pages) will now let you jump right to bidding on a player. If you are looking for a player specifically, type in his last name in that search box and on the results page if he's a UFA it'll let you click on that to go directly to his bidding page.

Hopefully those help in making it easier for teams to find players.
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

Great additions, Troy!
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL