Prospective GM Wait List

Interested in joining a league or talking pro/college football with other serious fans?
Reggie

Re: Prospective GM Wait List

Post by Reggie »

Not sure if I wrote my last post in the wrong spot or not. Will copy and paste that right here as well:

Hi everyone I am Reggie. Huge football fan, but don't really have a specific team. More so love the enjoyment of studying the draft as well as watching how pro football focus grades players on a play by play basis. I am a huge fan of fantasy football so this site I feel like is something I've been desiring for quite a while. I am new to the league but feel that I understand cap issues in the NFL more than the average person. Any team will suffice, look forward to joining this league anywhere I can!
jmdaz44

Post by jmdaz44 »

Hello, my name is Jason and I'd like to add my name to the prospective GM waiting list. I'm a huge sports fan, which is probably a given for all of us on here. I've been playing fantasy sports for about 15 years now, starting with fantasy baseball and then moving into basketball and football. I'm also an avid sports video game player, mostly Madden and The Show. My favorite aspect of fantasy sports and sports video games is being able to construct and influence my own roster. I like researching draft prospects and scouting/building for the future. Though this would be my first Sim league, I think it would be right up my alley.

As for my real-life sports allegiances, I'm a Chicago Cubs/Bulls/Bears guy, thus given the option to pick a team to manage (without looking at current rosters), my first preference would be the Bears, but I'm really open to any position.
CFFL Houston:
2013: 7-9
2014: 9-7
2015: 10-6 - Wildcard (0-1)
2016: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (0-1)
2017: 11-5 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2018: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2019: 13-3 - Wildcard (4-0 - CFFL Champions)
silverbackjp

Post by silverbackjp »

Would be interested in a team. Don't care who it is. Any team would do. I am an aspiring NFL Columnist. I do a longhand simulation of the season every year, I am consistently top 3 in my fantasy leagues and this whole site is basically a wet dream for me. Buffalo, Houston and Philly are my dream jobs but as i said, any team would do. The team I take over will be League Champs in 2 seasons tops.
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

silverbackjp wrote:The team I take over will be League Champs in 2 seasons tops.
LOL, right.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
Ulrich82

Post by Ulrich82 »

I've hesitated to take on an assistant GM with CFFL SF in the past because I tend to have strong opinions on the draft, and with three seasons under my belt, I still consider myself somewhat new. However, if someone on the wait list would like to get an inside look at one of the leagues, I'd be open to adding an assistant GM. I do not have as much time this year as I would like to scout the draft, and I currently have two picks in each of the first 5 rounds.

If you are interested, send me a PM with some information about you. I'd be particularly interested in knowing how you plan to scout the draft/what resources you use. In return, I am happy to share my experience with the game, and my own resources for college and pro player scouting.
CFFL SF 49ers since 2010
NFC West Champions: 2011, 2012, 2013 , 2014, 2015
Undefeated 2013-2014 Regular Season

AFFL:
Assistant GM with Car Panthers since 2012
Carolina Panthers GM Since 2014
Strategist

Post by Strategist »

whteshark wrote:
silverbackjp wrote:The team I take over will be League Champs in 2 seasons tops.
LOL, right.
I like the confidence but a lot would have to do with what team you took over. Sometimes it will take 3 to 4 years to turn around a team.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs
silverbackjp

Post by silverbackjp »

whteshark wrote:
LOL, right.
My dude. I hope we are in the same league. That way I can just let the scoreboard show that I'm better than you instead of just stating the obvious in a chat room.
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

silverbackjp wrote: My dude. I hope we are in the same league. That way I can just let the scoreboard show that I'm better than you instead of just stating the obvious in a chat room.
LOL! This guy's funny...
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

silverbackjp wrote:
whteshark wrote:
LOL, right.
My dude. I hope we are in the same league. That way I can just let the scoreboard show that I'm better than you instead of just stating the obvious in a chat room.

says the stranger to the proven winner...

I like his guts but he gonna have to prove himself a few times before he gets in same league as whte.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

silverbackjp wrote:
whteshark wrote:
LOL, right.
Me thinks me hears the crow of the strutting cock.....I must send for the butcher.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner