IR Eligable to return

jacobsaces

IR Eligable to return

Post by jacobsaces »

I seem to remember this being talked about last season but don't see a thread nor do I remember what the result was.. I have more players than I would like Eligable for this if we are using it?
Goodell

Re: IR Eligable to return

Post by Goodell »

jacobsaces wrote:I seem to remember this being talked about last season but don't see a thread nor do I remember what the result was.. I have more players than I would like Eligable for this if we are using it?
We're going to attempt to implement this and PUP this year.

Here's how it'll work... they'll be made eligible for that similar to how guys are made eligible to click on IR. They'll be treated just about the same as IR by the system, however teams can send me a PM if someone has come off PUP at midseason or was eligible to return from IR. I believe that return from IR was limited to one per team in reality, so we'd just allow one to return also. But it'll be a little more manual of a process to return guys from PUP/IR for now.

There are a lot of temporary PUP during training camps, and I don't have time to move guys on and off PUP lists during training camps, but if they're on the PUP list for the start of the season (and cannot return until later in the season) we'll allow those guys to be put on PUP here similar to how we do IR but we'll allow them to come back later upon request if they've come off PUP in reality.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

Isn't there a 7 or 10 week minimum for the IR - designated to return label? Would we be implementing that also?
That's great news that we're incorporating that into our game! Great stuff Troy!
Also, I can't believe how quickly you got the new grades into the system! I never even got to look up the defensive grades before they were input into the system. Mad props commish!
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

RebelFan wrote:Isn't there a 7 or 10 week minimum for the IR - designated to return label? Would we be implementing that also?
That's great news that we're incorporating that into our game! Great stuff Troy!
Also, I can't believe how quickly you got the new grades into the system! I never even got to look up the defensive grades before they were input into the system. Mad props commish!
Thanks. Yeah, a player couldn't be returned from IR until he was returned from IR in reality (and then the team PM'd me to let me know he was now able to be activated and they want to activate him here also). So we'd stick to the NFL regulations on that, other than our sim teams don't need to designate a guy to be able to return ahead of time. They'll just all go on the IR like normal, and if you have an IR guy who returns and you want him to return here also (and haven't already had someone return off IR) then you'd just let me know.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

This is the first year we've done PUP, NFI, and short-term IR lists. We didn't incorporate them last year because of the potential complications. Now we're starting to hit those complications with them added this year.

The way we did it as announced in off-season discussions was to effectively make them much like our existing IR system. The only difference is that teams could contact me to let me know they wanted a guy re-activated if the was eligible to be active again in NFL (if a team took him off PUP or re-activated from short-term IR, etc.).

Some teams have contacted me about their players as they become eligible to be reactivated and I've manually done that for those teams upon those requests as mentioned when we instituted these new options.

But I've now automated that more where teams should see a link next to their newly eligible player when they can be re-activated (ex. they were put on PUP before the season here but now their NFL team has taken them off PUP and active again, so you have that option to reactivate them also).

We hadn't done PUP/NFI/IR-Return lists before because new systems needed to be programmed and I didn't want to run into situations where a team had 10 guys on PUP/NFI/IR-RETURN and I suddenly put them all active now and they're suddenly 10 guys over their 53 man roster limit. So we made it a re-activation on request system when teams have space to reactivate a player they want playing for them again.

The other tricky element is those players aren't always easy to locate in published transaction log monitored. So if you know one of your players should be reactivated but don't have that option yet, send me a PM to check on it. I also don't implement transactions of any kind until we catch up with the NFL games of that week so if a guy is re-activated after week 10 for example, I wouldn't even look for that as a possibility for us here until we've past our week 10.

Let me know if any problems or questions on that. Thanks