Draft order queue

RebelFan

Draft order queue

Post by RebelFan »

When will the draft queue be available so that we can put our ducks in a row? I'm having this recurring nightmare that the draft begins on here and I am unprepared... Cold sweats. Beavers and ducks. I am definitely finding it much harder to get into the studious draftnik mode of the past two years with this ridiculous lockout looming over the 2011 season.
Hope this finds you all well & hopefully you don't all think I'm crazy.
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
Nathan S.

Re: Draft order queue

Post by Nathan S. »

Any idea of when the draft order will be up or have I just not seen it?
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Nathan S. wrote:Any idea of when the draft order will be up or have I just not seen it?
I believe there was some discussion of that at the end of the season for the top picks, but there's a working link from the standings of each league to a draft order.

ex.
http://www.fangm.com/football/draft-ord ... eague=affl

I believe in one case in one league there was a 5-way tie and the system was only handling up to 4-way ties so I have to manually sort that out once I plug in the 2011 draft details.

This weekend or next I plan on doing most of the draft setup. We'll have some discussions around that time when hoepfully the real world draft drives people to see about ours more.

Opinion is pretty evenly split from first poll. With the overall emphasis on trying to be as real as we can make the experience, my gut feels like we should either have our own draft under the same circumstances of the NFL reality or continue to wait out the labor issues until those are resolved and then once we know the new reality get started fresh under those rules adjustments. I'd like us to limit making up our own stuff and try to stick to reality in general where possible. We'll probably narrow down some of the poll options and get more specific and have another vote/debate during the real draft. If we do our draft sooner than later, I would guess maybe a week or two after the real draft where I'll try to have the tools reset for the new year with new draft pool soon.

It won't be a sudden surprise or anything, though, and won't happen before the real draft. Likely will be either a little delayed as we regroup and make sure everyone's back again and ready or could be very delayed if most want to have free agency and player trading and new cap set for new year before we draft.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
vikingfan

Post by vikingfan »

I believe the 2011 draft que is pulling 2009 Standings. FYI
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Not doing the draft till 1-2 weeks after the real one?

Bummer was looking forward to getting this league back from the dead this week.