2015 Off-Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2015 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Now that we're through the draft we've made 2017 draft picks now available for trade.

Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
JonC

Post by JonC »

Will long-term decisions for franchised and RFA players need to be made before June 1 (Roster bonus pay date)? If so, we'll need them officially added to rosters soon.
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

JonC wrote:Will long-term decisions for franchised and RFA players need to be made before June 1 (Roster bonus pay date)? If so, we'll need them officially added to rosters soon.
Are you asking about the ability to choose an extended contract for tagged players that don't receive bids? Bids are still possible up to June 1st. After that, we'll give those teams that option for tagged players. RFAs just get 1-year deals at the amount tendered with no extra options, that's just for tagged players.
JonC

Post by JonC »

Goodell wrote:
JonC wrote:Will long-term decisions for franchised and RFA players need to be made before June 1 (Roster bonus pay date)? If so, we'll need them officially added to rosters soon.
Are you asking about the ability to choose an extended contract for tagged players that don't receive bids? Bids are still possible up to June 1st. After that, we'll give those teams that option for tagged players. RFAs just get 1-year deals at the amount tendered with no extra options, that's just for tagged players.
Perfect, thanks!
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Goodell

June 1st

Post by Goodell »

It's now June 1st, so a couple of changes are in effect.

Per popular rule change discussion support this off-season, we're instituting some changes in regards to non-peak bidding. From now until the end of the regular season, the "signing soon" links in free agency are no longer active. It will not advertise that a bid has been placed on the free agency list. If you click to place a bid on a player, you'll see if other bids have been placed, but there will no longer be a way of generating a list of players with bids or signing soon. The idea here being it won't be easy to cherry-pick other teams' research in finding players of interest by checking who has bids on them.

We'll see how this new change goes, if further tweaks needed in the future, and if it's a positive change. If so, I could see this coming into effect next year after the draft instead of June 1st as we've done this year. If it isn't a positive change, perhaps we'll go back as it was before. But my hope is this will be welcomed.

Other changes.... as usual, if you cut a player with a roster bonus in his contract, that was paid on June 1st so there is no way of getting out of that roster bonus this year. If player moved, that bonus will stay with you as the team paying him on 6/1. Also, all UFAs have had their team associations removed, so there is no more unlimited bidding for your own UFAs from here on out. That'll also lock in the compensatory pick considerations for next year's draft with no more team-assigned UFAs to lose/gain. All trades/cuts can now be made with a cap hit split if desired since it's after June 1st (there was a 2 transaction exemption limit before June 1st).

All RFAs that didn't receive bids are now on 1-year deals with their original teams at the tendered amount. All tagged players that didn't receive bids are eligible for extensions with their original teams now. You'll find those options (if applicable) at the bottom of your team roster page. It's the same multi-year options for LTC, or you can accept just a 1-year no signing bonus deal at the current listed tagged salary. We'll assign a July 1st deadline for those decisions.

Let me know if any questions. Thanks
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

Any time frame yet for rookie signings?
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Knighty Knight wrote:Any time frame yet for rookie signings?
Hoping for this weekend.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Draft picks from rounds 3-7 were automatically signed last weekend. Now 1st and 2nd rounders can be signed by their teams (if they have the cap space to do so) by clicking to sign them next to their name on your roster. Let me know if any problems or questions.

Reminder that we've just got a couple more weeks this preseason. Cut-down to 53 deadline is September 10th when the NFL season starts.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Goodell wrote:Draft picks from rounds 3-7 were automatically signed last weekend. Now 1st and 2nd rounders can be signed by their teams (if they have the cap space to do so) by clicking to sign them next to their name on your roster. Let me know if any problems or questions.

Reminder that we've just got a couple more weeks this preseason. Cut-down to 53 deadline is September 10th when the NFL season starts.

I was able to sign guys in Cffl. But it will not let me sign anybody in affl or dffl
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

Onyxgem wrote:
Goodell wrote:Draft picks from rounds 3-7 were automatically signed last weekend. Now 1st and 2nd rounders can be signed by their teams (if they have the cap space to do so) by clicking to sign them next to their name on your roster. Let me know if any problems or questions.

I was able to sign guys in Cffl. But it will not let me sign anybody in affl or dffl
You've exceeded the maximum number of rookie players* :lol:
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions