Rules suggestion

Onyxgem

Re: Rules suggestion

Post by Onyxgem »

Biggest problem I have is that there are GM's here who have ZERO interest in a player, they just don't want another team to sign somebody at a solid deal so they will do it on purpose knowing that they have zero intentions of even signing the guy...
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

Onyxgem wrote:Biggest problem I have is that there are GM's here who have ZERO interest in a player, they just don't want another team to sign somebody at a solid deal so they will do it on purpose knowing that they have zero intentions of even signing the guy...
Yep, it's ridiculous and this kind of sniping is probably more rampant now with anonymous bidding.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

And I thought it was only me who did that.
I was wrong because I took the year off from sniping.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

It's laughable to think there is something wrong with (sniping). Do you think Al Davis, Jerry Jones, Bill Belicheck would sit idly by and watch there rival get a player they believe to be good for under value? Absolutely not they would show some interest and hope that raises the price for the opposing team. To me it's absurd anyone would have a problem with this. If I use my bid on a player I don't want then ultimately that's doing you a favor from me deviating away from my plan? Which was my entire free agency this year damn it. I had no intention to match Kam Chancellor over 8 mil per season. But after losing out on other players and the time it took sitting around waiting. Well my whole strategy in free agency went out the window. Which for me is about finding value. And I found none. I still like my team but my FA plan went way out of whack just like the intent of this post.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

jacobsaces wrote:It's laughable to think there is something wrong with (sniping). Do you think Al Davis, Jerry Jones, Bill Belicheck would sit idly by and watch there rival get a player they believe to be good for under value? Absolutely not they would show some interest and hope that raises the price for the opposing team. To me it's absurd anyone would have a problem with this. If I use my bid on a player I don't want then ultimately that's doing you a favor from me deviating away from my plan? Which was my entire free agency this year damn it. I had no intention to match Kam Chancellor over 8 mil per season. But after losing out on other players and the time it took sitting around waiting. Well my whole strategy in free agency went out the window. Which for me is about finding value. And I found none. I still like my team but my FA plan went way out of whack just like the intent of this post.

You can't be for real can you? Do you really think these guys are going to go offer a minimal amount for a FA they don't want? Cause if that agent then takes the offer they are screwed cause that is that. The difference there is that if those guys want the person then sure, here there are guys who do it and DON"T even want the guy....
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

Onyxgem wrote:
jacobsaces wrote:It's laughable to think there is something wrong with (sniping). Do you think Al Davis, Jerry Jones, Bill Belicheck would sit idly by and watch there rival get a player they believe to be good for under value? Absolutely not they would show some interest and hope that raises the price for the opposing team. To me it's absurd anyone would have a problem with this. If I use my bid on a player I don't want then ultimately that's doing you a favor from me deviating away from my plan? Which was my entire free agency this year damn it. I had no intention to match Kam Chancellor over 8 mil per season. But after losing out on other players and the time it took sitting around waiting. Well my whole strategy in free agency went out the window. Which for me is about finding value. And I found none. I still like my team but my FA plan went way out of whack just like the intent of this post.

You can't be for real can you? Do you really think these guys are going to go offer a minimal amount for a FA they don't want? Cause if that agent then takes the offer they are screwed cause that is that. The difference there is that if those guys want the person then sure, here there are guys who do it and DON"T even want the guy....
I did not say they offer a contract. Teams bring guys in all the time without offering contracts or communicate in some manner be it agent. What I said was show interests. The last thing a team wants if they feel they have a shot to sign a guy they really want is for there rival to come snipe them. So they may make an offer a little higher if they get wind that another team is interested. And yes I am serious. I have five bids if I don't use them for five guys I really want that could be to your advantage. I really don't see why that's an issue
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

jacobsaces wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:

I did not say they offer a contract. Teams bring guys in all the time without offering contracts or communicate in some manner be it agent. What I said was show interests. The last thing a team wants if they feel they have a shot to sign a guy they really want is for there rival to come snipe them. So they may make an offer a little higher if they get wind that another team is interested. And yes I am serious. I have five bids if I don't use them for five guys I really want that could be to your advantage. I really don't see why that's an issue
Wow, just wow, if team has no interest in a guy they are not going to make a last second OFFER like guys do here all the time, what you are talking about isn't even the same...
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

Perhaps I should change the no interest term to undervalued. I have no intention to go after certain players in FAgency but if I see they are being undervalued I will put in a bid and no doubt in my mind nfl GM's do the same.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

jacobsaces wrote:Perhaps I should change the no interest term to undervalued. I have no intention to go after certain players in FAgency but if I see they are being undervalued I will put in a bid and no doubt in my mind nfl GM's do the same.
Then you must really think these billionaires are stupid...

Because they are not and no way are they dumb enough to waist their money on somebody they don't want. There is a reason they made their money and that is cause they are SMART with it.
jacobsaces

Post by jacobsaces »

Onyxgem wrote:
jacobsaces wrote:Perhaps I should change the no interest term to undervalued. I have no intention to go after certain players in FAgency but if I see they are being undervalued I will put in a bid and no doubt in my mind nfl GM's do the same.
Then you must really think these billionaires are stupid...

Because they are not and no way are they dumb enough to waist their money on somebody they don't want. There is a reason they made their money and that is cause they are SMART with it.
You cannot duplicate what nfl does of course they don't have last second wait hold on I have a phone call just as they are about to sign a contract. The best way to get market value is to have open bidding as we do and allow everyone to see the bids so when an undervalued player is out there someone can then go (snipe) which is a horrible word makes it sound like stealing and they are only increasing the bid. Why is that frowned upon?