Weekly Sim Status

Royce R

Re: Weekly Sim Status

Post by Royce R »

With VY getting an in game injury and delhomme being ruled doubtful for the game does that mean kerry collins will suit up for me in the 2nd half of my game or will I get a crappy version of delhomme?
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Royce R wrote:With VY getting an in game injury and delhomme being ruled doubtful for the game does that mean kerry collins will suit up for me in the 2nd half of my game or will I get a crappy version of delhomme?

Just speaking generally overall, a QB would be marked for in-game injury if he was hurt in the first half of a game and didn't return and missed over half the game. If he's marked for in-game injury under those conditions, once he's completed the number of passes in his real update it will look to replace him with whoever was designated as the backup QB in the sim team's depth chart.

With nearly 100 teams, I can't really go over every team's depth chart with fine tooth comb for each week in reaction to weekly injury changes. Someday the system hopefully will be able to do more of that itself. I try to make some very noticable changes especially for depth charts for teams with players who are no longer on the team when I notice them, but otherwise it takes so long to go through all the games that I run with what the GMs have for the most part. Definitely need the GMs to check their depth charts if they want to optimize as it's too much for me to manage everyone's. Also even if I did go over each depth chart for each team each week to make changes, I'd only replace someone by default if they were marked "out" not just some other uncertain injury status. Because our depth charts are limited our QB2s don't get injured as it isn't setup currently for emergency QB complexity.

In general, there is a perception that QBs without real stats are crappy. I say that's mostly because they are primarily on bad rebuilding teams with bad grades that reduces the default update. But we don't have guys on the bench in reality being superstars in the sim by design. It could be much worse with real updates for bad QBs (like 3 or 4 Interceptions), but in ours the default updates are limited in how much they help or hurt to where they shouldn't win or lose on their own. If you have great grades over a sim opponent, you boost your default update +15% higher completion making him a very good QB off the bench who can get 65% completions and 0 or 1 pick at most. If you are a very bad team with very poor supporting cast, it's a different story to not expect sim greatness from someone without an NFL job and also very little sim help going against a much better sim opponent.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 6 posted.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The sim this week is a bit up in the air... my wife needs to go in for surgery today and its been a tough week overall. I don't have work today so may end up getting a lot of it done if everybody is resting otherwise for something to do, but could also have a lot going on so not sure. Just FYI.
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

Any way we can help? I remember you mentioned there may be a way to have some of us do the process for inputting the stats.

Also, please pass get well wishes on to your wife! Perhaps she can get some player scouting done for you while she's home resting. :D
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Ben C. wrote:Any way we can help? I remember you mentioned there may be a way to have some of us do the process for inputting the stats.

Also, please pass get well wishes on to your wife! Perhaps she can get some player scouting done for you while she's home resting. :D
Thanks. I probably need to someday build up the behind-the-scenes systems a little better for additional helpers and to keep the leagues going in cases of emergencies, but for now probably the easiest help might be someone calculating the bye week skill position player updates as I believe there are more bye teams than usual this week. It's calculated based upon individual games played so far, and marked down for injury. If a player marked doubtful it's 75%, questionable 85%, and probable we used 99%. For bye week players, they get boosted up one level from last week (out to doubtful unless out long-term, doubtful to questionable, questionable to probable, probable to healthy) since they aren't on injury lists this week on the bye.
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

Do you have a template spreadsheet or anything for that?
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Ben C. wrote:Do you have a template spreadsheet or anything for that?
I have one for converting actual game box scores into some text I can upload, but not byes. Even if it was just text of the update fields we enter I could manually enter that readout quicker without having to do all the calculations too. Another thing slowing me down this week will be us staying at a relatives house a bit like tonight instead of home where I have more of the tools I use.
Michael D.

Post by Michael D. »

Take your time Troy. We all understand.
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

Michael D. wrote:Take your time Troy. We all understand.
Most definitely - it is a game. Take care of the wife dude!
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL