Draft Day

What day would you prefer our college draft starts?

Friday 4/24 - day before the draft so our first round before real one.
12%
Saturday 4/25 - our first round same day as real one.
9%
Sunday 4/26 - start ours a day after real one but during that same weekend and NFL day two underway at same time.
30%
Monday 4/27 - start ours at beginning of week day after draft.
30%
Saturday 5/2 - start a week later.
18%

Total votes: 33

sportznut

Re: Draft Day

Post by sportznut »

Dan M wrote:Joe (who is at work) asked me to point out that he works in a non-office setting and doesn't have access to a computer during the day.

I imagine he's not the only one who would have this problem.

What about doing the first round on Sunday and then the rest of the draft during the week?
This is ideal to me, but apparently due to a few people not being able to be around, it changed.

I don't get it personally.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I have talked to a couple teams with several first rounders but not all yet. Let me throw this possibility out....

CFFL draft possibly starting on Saturday 4/25 (due to a couple teams with several first rounders unable to make it sunday or preferring a weekend start).

AFFL draft possibly starting on Monday 4/27 as the majority seemed to favor (altough will always be a wide mixed opinion with so many).

Both would go 7 days but would allow two different types of setup to be contrasted a bit for those in both leagues (one starting as the real one starts, and the other after the real draft already all over). It would make more sense to me for the older, more experienced AFFL to start earlier but probably not in terms of individual scheduling.

Not definites... just something to throw out for reaction. Send PMs or post if any thoughts and we'll get a definite date by this weekend for both trying to accomodate the most, but knowing that everybody will have the draft queue tools to setup to get a player in their preferred order as available.
Last edited by Goodell on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

BTW, if you have yet to vote, please do so.

I realize we have a lot of GMs in both leagues, but there are far more than 26 people here.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Dan M wrote:Joe (who is at work) asked me to point out that he works in a non-office setting and doesn't have access to a computer during the day.

What about doing the first round on Sunday and then the rest of the draft during the week?
If I have the right Joe, BAL of AFFL with 3 first rounders (and not quite that many in CFFL)...

Perhaps both leagues could start Saturday in the interest of individual conflicts with teams with the most picks effected by first round scheduling with several teams with many picks not having weekday access so much. Sunday is the more popular choice both this year and in last year's poll, but have some teams with several first round picks not so available that day. But I'll also re-check with them to see if things changed.

It's a little more hustling for Saturday to get default picks for those who don't have a queue or are online to pick -- as they'd get the top player from real draft order available here -- but we'd probably not run into that much in the early first round. Also could be interesting to do our top 10 before the real draft started later with the pre-draft build up.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote:

If I have the right Joe, BAL of AFFL with 3 first rounders (and not quite that many in CFFL)...

Perhaps both leagues could start Saturday in the interest of individual conflicts with teams with the most picks effected by first round scheduling with several teams with many picks not having weekday access so much. Sunday is the more popular choice both this year and in last year's poll, but have some teams with several first round picks not so available that day. But I'll also re-check with them to see if things changed.

It's a little more hustling for Saturday to get default picks for those who don't have a queue or are online to pick -- as they'd get the top player from real draft order available here -- but we'd probably not run into that much in the early first round. Also could be interesting to do our top 10 before the real draft started later with the pre-draft build up.
Another option would be moving it out one week.

Start the following weekend.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Yessir. That's the same Joe.

While I think that would be interesting to do the top 10 early, I actually base a lot of my draft decisions on what team a player is drafted by IRL. Different systems, weaker depth charts, head coaching tendencies, etc.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Dan M wrote:Yessir. That's the same Joe.

While I think that would be interesting to do the top 10 early, I actually base a lot of my draft decisions on what team a player is drafted by IRL. Different systems, weaker depth charts, head coaching tendencies, etc.
I would agree with that.

It also could be a bit of a hassle for Troy to get the queues up for the first round before it actually takes place.

Now, if I had to choose Saturday, Sunday or Monday, I'd pick it Sunday, Saturday, and then Monday in that order.

That's for any week.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Yeah, it does help to know where a player ends up before drafting, although would be fun to try ahead of time to compare.

We've gone full circle but I think a productive effort in getting feedback on things. I was hoping to keep it to a weekend date for those with a ton of first round picks who can't be online so much on weekdays as well as avoid a Sunday for those with multiple picks and a conflict there, but Saturday was worse than Sunday for some individuals there.

So I think we are back to a Sunday first round start for both leagues as initially planned (4/26 start) where we'll get the first round on Sunday but then extending into a round per day into the work week and will have a round every day that week touching all days.

Put that in pencil for now (as still advertised across the league news banner at the top of all pages) and perhaps in stone again pending other feedback or communications before the weekend.

I'll try to get everything draft related done this weekend with queues ready to be loaded early next week. IF that doesn't work for anyone who needs to pre-load and will miss a lot of time, just send me in PM and I'll pre-load for you. Thanks
Joe

Post by Joe »

Thanks Dan for throwin in my two cents.

I voted initially for Sunday, but Saturday would work better for me , just because I currently have 6 picks in the first two rounds between both teams. Im still workin to up that number. Weekdays are just bad for me unless its rainin! My only big worry is not bein around for the first round! I know everybody has different schedules, just wanted to add my opinion!!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
vikingfan

Post by vikingfan »

I think Saturday would be cool, I am still game for whatever we choose.