09 Rules: Draft Clock

Should our draft clock be changed?

Stop draft at the end of each round (1 round per day only - 7 days total)
37%
1st Round: 20 min (instead of 30), Rounds 2-7: 15 min
16%
All picks 15 minutes
3%
Like NFL: 1st-10m, 2nd-7min, 3rd-7th: 5 min (quick draft 2 days only)
18%
Keep as is with 1st-30m and 2-7-15m, keep going at end of round into next
26%

Total votes: 38

RyanM

Re: 09 Rules: Draft Clock

Post by RyanM »

charlie813brown wrote:Is there are way to make the draft picks not consecutive but instead go off at a certain time? If we are setting aside a day per round, could we say, no matter what, pick 17 will occur between 2:10 and 2:30 no matter what. and time slot each pick that way people could plan around their picks. that might solve some scheduling problems if it is possible. just an idea.
I would second this notion - especially since it won't be possible to do the majority over just a couple of days.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
Jared A

Re: 09 Rules: Draft Clock

Post by Jared A »

RyanM wrote:
charlie813brown wrote:Is there are way to make the draft picks not consecutive but instead go off at a certain time? If we are setting aside a day per round, could we say, no matter what, pick 17 will occur between 2:10 and 2:30 no matter what. and time slot each pick that way people could plan around their picks. that might solve some scheduling problems if it is possible. just an idea.
I would second this notion - especially since it won't be possible to do the majority over just a couple of days.

I also think this is the only way to go. Early picks should be allowed, but no matter what, a team has until 2:30 to make the pick.