New trade deadline and IR rule

Ben C.

Re: New trade deadline and IR rule

Post by Ben C. »

Goodell wrote:I'll have to look again, and if any examples it would be great, but I don't know that we've done PUP before. I think it's something we've wanted to explore adding, but don't know if we actually did as there are some complications to that. If a guy is taken off PUP in reality during the season but his sim team never opens a roster spot for them re-activated, do they get to just leave a guy on PUP all year despite him not being technically IR eligible? We'd have to additionally monitor PUP players individually closer also to activate and see their sim team situations.

I guess one thing we could do is classify players eligible to add to PUP like we do IR, then after a player activated in reality I would activate them in sim or if no room cleared for them perhaps treat them as cut players put on the market after some time. But then if a GM is on vacation or something maybe he gets a good player on PUP cut because he never opened a roster spot when the player active, etc. So some processes to think through there I don't know if we ever fully thought through or added into the system as could be ideal.
I seem to remember having Al Harris on PUP a couple years ago (whatever his last season as a Packer was), but I can't remember how we handled it. I think I had to either activate him or cut him once the Packers did the same.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History