2011 RULES: No Trade for Free Agents

Should free agent signings be immediately tradable?

No - If you come to agreement with a player he shouldn't be able to be immediately moved to another team.
48%
Yes - Keep it with no restrictions on a team's ability to trade players under contract. Cap hits should be restriction enough.
53%

Total votes: 40

vikingfan

Re: 2011 RULES: No Trade for Free Agents

Post by vikingfan »

Jared A wrote:
Strategist wrote:I love how alot of people hear say it is more like the real NFL when it helps there arguement but when it is something they think should be changed it doesnt matter if it is realistic or not. Case in point the situations we are talking about are not realistic in the slightest.
I for one am almost always against making it like the NFL. I would much rather it be fun and affective. I'd also like the advantages a real NFL team has to be compensated in some sorts by differing rules here. But... I know what you mean.
Following the NFL as much as possible is a must. We know the rules for the most part, the minute you go away from the that, doesnt make it fun. It makes it confusing and one big headache. Will we be exactly like the NFL? No obvously not otherwise no player would go play in Buffalo.
Strategist

Re: 2011 RULES: No Trade for Free Agents

Post by Strategist »

vikingfan wrote:
Jared A wrote:
Strategist wrote:I love how alot of people hear say it is more like the real NFL when it helps there arguement but when it is something they think should be changed it doesnt matter if it is realistic or not. Case in point the situations we are talking about are not realistic in the slightest.
I for one am almost always against making it like the NFL. I would much rather it be fun and affective. I'd also like the advantages a real NFL team has to be compensated in some sorts by differing rules here. But... I know what you mean.
Following the NFL as much as possible is a must. We know the rules for the most part, the minute you go away from the that, doesnt make it fun. It makes it confusing and one big headache. Will we be exactly like the NFL? No obvously not otherwise no player would go play in Buffalo.
Then why are we even having this conversation. In the NFL you are allowed to trade a player right away.
DFFL - DAL 09-20: 113-63 .642 (6-5) 3X DIV Champs. 6 Playoff apps. DFFL Bowl I Champs
CFFL - NYG 10-12: 34-13-1 .708
AFFL - WAS 13-19: 53-59 .473 (5-3) '14, '15, & '17 Div, '17 AFC Champs
FFFL - PIT 16-17: 45-19 .703 (3-3) '16-18 Div, 16' AFC Champs