2024 Off-Season Update

sportznut

Re: 2024 Off-Season Update

Post by sportznut »

I have a ton of guys who have multiple positions listed for DE/LB, or DE/DT. For some reason, on my roster sheet, almost all my LBs were moved to my defensive line, and when you look at the depth chart, it includes James Houston into my F7 grade.

This is incorrect in every way. I have 8 guys who have better grades than Houston, and all fit into the first 7 starter roles, plus the backup. Right now, Houston is listed as a starter, and Christian Barmore as a backup.

I should be able to start 4 LBs, 2 DEs, and one DT, and I have all those positions covered. Sam Williams should be my backup player within the grade, making Houston the 9th best guy, as long as everyone else is healthy.

This wasn't a problem until the recent re-shuffling of my LBs going to the defensive line, but the flexibility still covers it all anyways, and it does affect my grade negatively.

Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:49 pm I have a ton of guys who have multiple positions listed for DE/LB, or DE/DT. For some reason, on my roster sheet, almost all my LBs were moved to my defensive line, and when you look at the depth chart, it includes James Houston into my F7 grade.

This is incorrect in every way. I have 8 guys who have better grades than Houston, and all fit into the first 7 starter roles, plus the backup. Right now, Houston is listed as a starter, and Christian Barmore as a backup.

I should be able to start 4 LBs, 2 DEs, and one DT, and I have all those positions covered. Sam Williams should be my backup player within the grade, making Houston the 9th best guy, as long as everyone else is healthy.

This wasn't a problem until the recent re-shuffling of my LBs going to the defensive line, but the flexibility still covers it all anyways, and it does affect my grade negatively.

Thanks.
I'll take a look (probably after I get back from dropping daughter off at college later in the week). If positions changed, it most likely would be related to Madden listing of position and updating that for current information unless Madden was way off (or I had something wrong in the data upload from that). If someone is listed at multiple positions like DE/LB they could be at either spot so should only help having additional flexibility, but if not as you say I'll take a closer look.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:38 am
sportznut wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:49 pm I have a ton of guys who have multiple positions listed for DE/LB, or DE/DT. For some reason, on my roster sheet, almost all my LBs were moved to my defensive line, and when you look at the depth chart, it includes James Houston into my F7 grade.

Thanks.
I'll take a look (probably after I get back from dropping daughter off at college later in the week). If positions changed, it most likely would be related to Madden listing of position and updating that for current information unless Madden was way off (or I had something wrong in the data upload from that). If someone is listed at multiple positions like DE/LB they could be at either spot so should only help having additional flexibility, but if not as you say I'll take a closer look.
Much appreciated. My team is built on my defense, and I want every advantage possible. As I said, a couple of the guys are in the wrong spot on the depth chart with the flexibility throughout my F7.

Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Cut-down day is coming in the NFL, and here too soon with the regular season approaching. Our sim teams must be down to their 53 man rosters by the start of the NFL regular season on Thursday, September 5th at 8:20 PM ET.

We'll start transitioning rosters to regular season mode this week. Updates on that to come such as when we'll start allowing players to be cut to practice squad if clear waivers. We'll work to add that soon.

We've added the extra contract restructure teams get for creating salary cap space during the regular season when things get more difficult (once game checks start being earned and veteran salaries become guaranteed if on roster week 1).
sillegrant

Post by sillegrant »

Will we be able to trade 2026 draft picks soon?
FFFL ATL ~ 7-10 - 2023~Present
DFFL JAC - 2024~Present
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Teams can now waive players to their practice squad if they clear waivers.

Veterans to practice squads will be added in the days ahead.
Last edited by Goodell on Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sillegrant wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:22 pm Will we be able to trade 2026 draft picks soon?
2026 draft picks are now tradable. Let me know if any problems.
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I assume Injure Reserve will be turned on soon as well? Or at least before final cutdowns are due.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

soonertf wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:26 am I assume Injure Reserve will be turned on soon as well? Or at least before final cutdowns are due.
It already has been for players requested to be updated. I'll look to find time to gather up all the injury list news myself coming this time of year to make additional players eligible soon, but teams can request that status on a player page.
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

ok thanks
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13